Organise a fundraiser
There are hundreds of fantastic ways you can fundraise to help. All you need to do is decide what you do best and turn that into a fundraising idea - we have all got something we do best. To help get you started, here are some of our favourites. Just take a look, get inspired and then start planning.
Dress up or down!
Hold a fancy dress day at your school, college, work or community group. Or how about getting people to give a donation to dress down for a day? Onesies, anyone?
Something for the ladies!
Fundraising doesn’t need to be tough or challenging, you can even make it luxurious. Host a pamper evening for you and your friends. Slap on the facemasks, get the nails painted and enjoy a foot spa.
A lads’ night in!
Host the ultimate evening for the boys: a big sports match on the telly, a homemade curry, beers in the fridge and your games console on standby, ready to take you into the early hours.
Terrific teens needed!
If your school or college is holding a disco or prom, turn it into a fundraiser for LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue as well. Or why not get sponsored to give up something you love – your mobile phone for a week?
Start fundraising from an early age!
Talk to your child’s playgroup or nursery about holding an event for LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue – teddy bear picnics, treasure hunts and fancy dress parties have all proved popular in the past.
Have a big night out!
You could turn a really special night at a local venue into a big fundraiser. Why not dazzle with a casino night, put everybody under starter’s orders with a race night or host a glamorous black-tie ball?
Sizzle with a summer sensation!
Make the most of the sunshine by hosting some great summer fundraising events. How about a barbecue at your home, a picnic in the countryside or a garden party somewhere posh?
Put your brain to work!
It’s time to fire up the grey cells in your head and use your brain for something really worthwhile. That could be hosting a quiz night, holding a chess tournament or organising a treasure hunt.
Sing for your supper!
If you belong to a local choir, organising a concert is a great way to raise money for LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Or if you’re not quite Katherine Jenkins, how about hosting a karaoke night or talent contest?
Other fundraising Ideas
• Donations instead of birthday presents
• Donations instead of wedding favours
• Cake sale
• Swear box – these can fill up really quickly!
• Cleaning – clean for your neighbours and charge a fee to donate to us
• Bring and buy book sale
•'Shake a bucket' at a supermarket or station. You will need permission for this. If you have questions please contact us
• Concert or bands night
• Organise a quiz at your local Pub
• Donate your skills – are you a dog groomer, hairdresser, mechanic, beautician, gardener, cook etc, etc? Do what you do best in exchange for a donation to Freshfields
• Come Dine With Me event – charge a fee to enter and everyone brings a course!
• Create an animal themed fantasy football league
• Car boot sale – using your own unwanted items and/or donations or get all your family/friends involved
• Golf day
• Football tournament
• Sponsored dog walk
• Car wash
Sending in the money you have raised
• When your event is finished, it is sensible to collect the money you have raised as quickly as possible. Ensure that two people are present when you are counting cash.
• Any cash or cheques made payable to you should be banked and then you should make your own cheque for the amount raised payable to LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Please don't send cash through the post (Although you can drop in to us by hand).
• Please include any sponsorship forms you have used or a note so we know if we are able to claim Gift Aid - this means your gift to us could be worth 25 per cent more to us.
• Please enclose your completed Money Return Form or a note with your name, address, postcode and details of the event. We’d like to thank you properly for your fundraising efforts and this will helps us to do that.